Recipes by Heather at Kiss My Broccoli
Herbed-Ricotta Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives*
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley*
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill*
- salt & pepper to taste
- *If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand, feel free to use 1 Tablespoon of your favorite salt-free seasoning (I like Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute)
1. Place eggs in a medium-sized sauce pot, cover with at least an inch of water.
2. Bring water to boil, remove from heat, cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Drain water from pan and immediately submerge eggs in cold ice water to halt the cooking process.
4. Peel eggs and slice lengthwise, carefully removing the yolks and placing them in a small mixing bowl.
5. To the yolks, add ricotta, mustard, spices, salt & pepper and mash with a fork until smooth (add water or milk if needed to thin).
6. Spoon egg mixture into egg white halves or transfer to a zip-top bag, cut off a corner, and pipe mixture into whites.
7. Garnish tops with paprika.
Nutritional facts per TWO deviled eggs: