Serve this sexy steak for your special someone this Valentine’s.
Steak with Mushrooms and Red Wine Reduction
Recipe by: Paleo Diet Lifestyle
- 2 large T-bone steaks;
- About 3 tbsp cooking fat;
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped (I used Shiitake and button mushrooms combined, but whatever you prefer will work just fine);
- 1 green onion, finely chopped;
- ¾ cup red wine;
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Take your steaks out of the refrigerator for an hour or two prior to cooking to bring them as close to room temperature as possible.
- With your steaks at room temperature, sprinkle them with salt and pepper on both side. Also rub the steaks with some of the cooking fat.
- Place a large skillet over a medium-high heat and add the steaks when the skillet is really hot.
- Cook on both sides for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until desired doneness. Once the steaks are cooked to the desired doneness, remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet (without cleaning it) add another tablespoon of cooking fat. Add the mushrooms and green onion and saute for a few minutes. I like to cook the mushrooms long enough so that any moisture that was released from them has evaporated so that it does not dilute the richness of the sauce. This will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size and type of mushrooms. Add the wine and thyme and bring the sauce to a simmer. Allow it to cook this way for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the wine has reduced somewhat.
- Place your steaks on a generous sized plate and pour the delicious mushroom and red wine sauce over them. Enjoy!