I’ve been meaning to make Sweet Potato Hash for too long. Now that I have taken the leap and embraced the Whole30 lifestyle, it gives the perfect opportunity to hash up some sweet spuds! Let’s go!
Sweet Potato Hash Browns
Recipe by: The Kitchenista Diaries
Direct link to recipe: Click Here
2 small sweet potatoes or 1 large
1 serrano pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
Chopped cilantro leaves
Servings: 2 – 4
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Equipment Needed: Large nonstick skillet, box grater or food processor w/ shredder
1. Shred sweet potato, enough to yield about 2 cups.
2. Season sweet potato with cumin, cinnamon, a pinch of sea salt and juice of half the lime. Use your hands to toss until spices are distributed.
3. Heat skillet over medium high heat and add coconut oil. Once hot, cook ginger, garlic and thinly sliced Serrano peppers until fragrant, 1 – 2 minutes.
4. Add sweet potatoes and gently press into skillet with spatula. Allow to cook until set, 2 – 3 minutes.
5. Gently stir to redistribute potatoes. Press potatoes back into pan and cook another couple of minutes until set again. Add cilantro and a splash of lime juice.
6. Break hash browns into individual portions and cook again until bottom and edges are crispy. Flip and cook other side until crispy. Serve hot.
7. While my hash browns were cooking, I sauteed some sliced chicken breast sausage with chopped onions and bell peppers. In the very last couple minutes of cooking, I prepared scrambled eggs so that they didn’t overcook while waiting for the rest of the plate!
Enjoy this delicious, healthy twist on a classic American breakfast!