So I was munching on an Apple Pie LaraBar, and this Apple Pie Bites recipe pops up in my life! LaraBars are awesome because they have very few ingredients, all raw. These Apple Pie Bites look equally awesome!
Apple Pie Bites
Recipe by: Our Paleo Life
Direct link to recipe: Click here
1 cup Pecans
½ cup Raw Almonds
1-1/2 cups Medjool Dates, pitted (about 10-12 dates)
¾ cup Dried Apple Slices (no sugar added)
½ tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients (except water), in the order listed, in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until mixture resembles coarse gravel.
- While the processor is running, add a thin stream of water, about 1 tsp, maybe less depending on the moistness of your dates.
- Stop the processor and check the mixture inside. If it sticks together when you smush it, then you’ve got the right consistency. If it’s still crumbly, add more water. You don’t want to add too much water because the bites will be too sticky.
- When you’ve got the right consistency, roll mixture into tablespoon-size balls. Yield varies depending on how much you eat while you’re rolling them
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or so, if they last that long.